Caffeine is, like water, one of those substances that is sometimes accused of causing cellulite and other times hailed as a cure.
Reasons why caffeine is accused of causing cellulite:
- Interferes with circulation to the skin
- Increases stress hormones
- Depletes the body of important skin nutrients
In these cases, caffeine consumption, especially in coffee, cappuccino, and other beverages.
On the other hand, caffeine is a potential cellulite treatment when used in topical creams. In this case, caffeine might have the ability to reduce the appearance of cellulite by:
- Enhancing metabolism of fat
- Reducing water retention in fat pockets
- Expanding blood vessels for added circulation to the skin
Clearly, the science on caffeine creams for cellulite is not well established. However, skin treatments in general are often able to reduce the appearance of cellulite on a short-term basis by increasing the skin's ability to conceal bumps and irregularities in the underlying fat layer.
However, if you are looking for a long-term cellulite treatment with proven results, you may be interested in Cellulaze.
To talk to a cosmetic surgeon about Cellulaze in New York City, please contact JUVA Skin & Laser Center.