With so much attention being paid to having tight and youthful skin these days, our New York City dermatologist is always searching for the newest and most effective treatments to tighten skin. Dr. Bruce Katz is proud to offer vShape for skin tightening as a treatment method for sagging skin.
vShape is a procedure in which two forms of radio frequencies are aimed at the area of your face or body that you’d like to tighten. One frequency encourages tightening of the outer skin, while the other penetrates deep into your inner tissues, encouraging collagen and elastin production. Collagen and elastin are necessary for young, healthy-looking skin. When you’re finished your treatment, your skin will tighten and appear much more youthful. To discuss vShape with our Manhattan dermatologist, please contact JUVA Skin & Laser Center today by calling (888) 610-3133.
vShape Frequently Asked Questions
With so much interest in vShape, our dermatologist would like to answer some of the most common questions our patients ask. The questions are as follows:
- Who is a candidate for this procedure? Candidates for vShape are in good overall health and have sought ways to keep their body and skin healthy in natural ways. Candidates have loose skin that can be tightened without surgical removal.
- How many sessions are involved? The amount of treatments necessary for skin tightening with vShape depends on the area being treated and the level of skin laxity. Dr. Katz will have to consult with you prior to treatment to determine how many treatments you will require.
- Is there any downtime? vShape is completely non-invasive and there is absolutely no downtime after each treatment.
- What areas of the body can be treated? vShape can be used on virtually any part of your body, including your face, chin, neck, arms, midsection, and buttocks.
- How long between treatments? vShape may require only a few and up to multiple treatments, typically 2 weeks apart, depending on the area being treated.
- When will I see results? Results also vary based upon the area being treated and how much you need to tighten the skin, but most patients begin to notice differences within 4-6 weeks.
- Are results permanent? While areas of the skin are prone to be affected by gravity and other environmental forces after any type of laser treatment, vShape can offer a long-lasting solution to sagging skin.
- How often do I need to come in for a maintenance treatment? Maintenance treatments depend on your age, the extent of the laxity of your treated area, and environmental factors, so Dr. Katz has to determine this on a patient-by-patient basis.
If you’re ready to start your vShape process, it is time to contact JUVA Skin & Laser Center today. Never time to wait when you’re looking to feel better about how you look. Fill out the form on our website or call us at (888) 610-3133.