The world of injectables and fillers is infinite—there are neuromodulators (Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin) and hyaluronic acid fillers like Juvéderm, Restylane, Belotero, etc. Then there are those known as collagen-stimulating fillers, like Sculptra. This particular filler is different because it prompts your body to produce additional collagen, which results in smoother skin and volume in all the right areas. Collagen-stimulating fillers are longer-lasting than their counterparts.
Now that you've got the basic idea of how injectables work, it's time for the wow moment. Dr. Bruce Katz has introduced a new way to do fillers with the FDA approved NovaThreads. Typically, NovaThreads are used for lifting and tightening the jowls. However, Dr. Katz has revolutionized NovaThreads and used them as fillers for the face in areas like the marionette lines and nasolabial folds.
What are NovaThreads?
NovaThreads are tiny needles preloaded with a PDO absorbable suture.
- Polydioxanone (PDO) is a strong synthetic monofilament fiber consisting of one solid fiber of thread; absorbs in 4-6 months depending on thickness but stimulates collagen for 10-12 months
- PDO (PDS) has been used as a cutaneous and subcutaneous suture material in Plastic surgery, Cardiothoracic surgery, Trauma surgery, & Gynecological surgery for over thirty years
- FDA cleared suture material for tissue approximation for the entire body
How do they work?
- Generate neo-collagenesis in skin
- Mild fibrosis result which strengthens connective tissue of skin
- Threads tighten tissue through “net effect”
- Results begin to be noticed after 4-6 weeks for mesh techniques, immediately after barbed techniques
Benefits of NovaThreads
- No Downtime
- Minimal Discomfort
- Affordable Cost
- Immediate Gratification
Before and After NovaThreads to the Laugh Lines
Before and After NovaThreads to Border of the Lips
Schedule Your Consultation at JUVA Today
Call to schedule a consultation with Dr. Bruce Katz in Manhattan today. Call 888-610-3133 or fill out the form on this page. JUVA Skin & Laser Center serves clients in Manhattan, NYC and worldwide.