Many men and women struggle with loose skin. Whether it’s on your face, neck, arms, legs or even your buttocks, loose skin can cause embarrassment and may make you appear older than you actually are.
Schedule your consultation with one of our skilled dermatologists today by calling (212) 688-5882. We serve clients throughout New York including NYC, Woodside and worldwide.
What Causes Loose Skin?
Many factors can contribute to drooping or wrinkled skin on the face and body, including:
- Loss of elasticity due to age
- Sudden changes in weight
- Repeated sun exposure
- Poor skin care
- Repeated facial expressions
You can’t stop the aging process, but there are many ways you can fight to reduce loose, sagging skin.
Radio Frequency Treatments
Radiofrequency treatments use radiofrequency energy to gently heat the skin and encourage the production of collagen. Collagen naturally occurs in the body to give our skin a smooth and taut appearance, though its production decreases as we age. JUVA Skin & Laser Center offers the following radiofrequency skin tightening treatments to rejuvenate your skin:
- EndyMed™ 3DEEP: EndyMed™ 3DEEP works by using multi-channel, controlled radiofrequency energy to heat the deep layers of your skin on nearly all body areas. This stimulates instantaneous results that will continue to strengthen for several months.
- Vshape: Vshape uses two radio frequencies to treat both the surface and subcutaneous layers of your skin. This treatment encourages the production of collagen and elastin.
- Exillis Ultra 360: The Exillis Ultra 360 device uses radiofrequency and ultrasound to direct heat underneath the skin. Exillis can tighten skin on your neck, arms, abdomen, and other body areas.
- ThermiTight: ThermiTight is a minimally invasive procedure that uses a small probe to heat your skin tissue, encouraging collagen production. This treatment can be performed on your neck, arms, abdomen, thighs and knees.
- BodyTite: The BodyTite procedure combines radiofrequency technology with liposuction to reduce fat while tightening the surface of your skin. This treatment can address concerns of excess fat and sagging skin at the same time.
- EmbraceRF: Embrace RF is a minimally invasive procedure that can provide effective skin tightening and contouring to your face and neck. Like BodyTite, this treatment uses radiofrequency assisted lipolysis to reduce fat and increase collagen. This procedure offers results similar to a surgical facelift thanks to the combination of lipolysis and Fractora, a microneedling radiofrequency treatment.
- AccuTite: AccuTite uses radio-frequency assisted lipolysis to provide precise skin-tightening while eliminating excess fat. It is ideal for small, delicate areas such as the brow region, eyelids, jowls, and armpits.
- Forma: Forma is a non-invasive treatment that uses small electrodes to deliver radiofrequency energy to your skin in a comfortable way. This quick procedure has no downtime and can be used to tighten your skin and treat wrinkles.
Microneedling with Radio Frequency
Microneedling is a popular skin care treatment that creates tiny holes throughout the surface of your skin in order to stimulate your body’s natural healing process. By combining microneedling with radiofrequency, these treatments can tighten your skin and promote collagen production to create a more youthful appearance. We offer the following microneedling with radiofrequency treatments:
- EndyMed Intensif: EndyMed Intensif delivers fractionated pulses of radiofrequency energy into the skin for noticeable results. This treatment can also reduce acne scars and resurface the skin while tightening. The procedure takes around a half hour to complete. There is no downtime and it can treat all skin types.
- Fractora and Morpheus 8: Fractora uses fractional radiofrequency to improve the skin through pinpoint heating, which allows the treatment to penetrate the surface. The depth of the treatment can be customized to address your unique concerns.
- AGNES: The AGNES RF microneedling device is a breakthrough cosmetic service. It’s an effective solution to a variety of facial rejuvenation needs, including banishing under eye bags, eliminating acne, softening wrinkles, and more. This versatile device lifts, smooths, and tightens the skin without surgery.
Threading Services for Skin Tightening
If you are concerned about sagging skin on your face and neck but are not ready for facelift surgery, absorbable threads are an effective and less invasive option. These threads are placed under the surface of the skin to lift the area and encourage the production of collagen. Some types of threads may also be used throughout the body. Patients at JUVA Skin & Laser Center can choose from the following threading options:
- Silhouette InstaLift™ - Silhouette InstaLift is a minimally invasive procedure that can be used on your face and neck. This threading treatment is effective at targeting deeper layers of the skin to increase collagen production. The threads are made from a safe material that will eventually break down and be absorbed by your body.
- NovaThreads: These threads can treat sagging skin near your cheeks, jaw, and neck area. Additionally, NovaThreads can treat wrinkles throughout the face by stimulating collagen. The material is absorbed by your body in roughly six months, though the effects can last longer due to the new collagen in your skin.
- EuroThreads: EuroThreads are also made of a material that can be later absorbed by your skin. They come in a variety of types to meet your unique needs, including barbed and smooth. These threads can also be used to tighten the skin on your body.
To learn more about your skin tightening options at JUVA Skin & Laser Center, please schedule a consultation today at (212) 688-5882. We proudly serve NYC, Manhattan, Woodside and worldwide.