How Can I Treat Under-Eye Circles?Authored by: Dr. Bruce Katz
Under-eye circles are a common condition impacting many people. While they may make you look tired, a lack of sleep often isn’t the cause of this issue. As a result, getting a good night’s rest may not make these under-eye circles go away. At JUVA Skin & Laser Center, we offer a variety of under-eye circle treatments to restore a more vibrant, energetic appearance.
Causes of Under-Eye Circles
If you only experience under-eye circles on occasion, it’s possible that they are being caused by a lack of sleep. However, when dark circles appear on a regular basis, they are commonly caused by one of the following factors:
- Hyperpigmentation issues
- Excessive exposure to the sun
- Thin skin along the area underneath the eyes
- Age-related volume loss in the eye region
The right treatment option for you will depend on the precise cause of your condition. Our board-certified cosmetic dermatologists will conduct a thorough examination to identify the reason for your dark circles in order to ensure you receive the appropriate treatment plan.
Common Treatments for Under-Eye Circles
At JUVA Skin & Laser Center, we offer the following treatment options to reduce the appearance of dark circles underneath the eyes:
- Dermal fillers – Dermal fillers can add volume to the area under your eyes to reduce the appearance of shadows and eliminate under-eye hollowing in the tear trough. They can also help elevate the surface of the skin, providing greater separation from underlying blood vessels which may be causing the discoloration that is seen as dark circles.
- PicoSure laser treatment – If the dark circles under your eyes are caused by an overproduction of melanin, the PicoSure laser may be an excellent treatment option. This laser emits gentle pressure waves that will reduce the appearance of melanin pigmentation without impacting the surrounding tissue. The laser treatment also stimulates collagen and elastin production, restoring a more youthful appearance.
- Madonna Lift fractional laser treatment – The Madonna Lift uses a fractional laser to remove microscopic sections of old skin fibers, allowing your body to generate new, healthy tissue in its place. Collagen production is also stimulated during this treatment, providing smoother, firmer skin in the region under your eyes.
Contact our NYC Cosmetic Dermatologists
Please contact JUVA Skin & Laser Center using the form on this page to schedule a consultation. Call 212-688-5882 for an appointment at our Manhattan office or 718-729-8512 for an appointment at our Woodside office. We serve patients throughout NYC and nationwide.